Thursday, January 01, 2015

A few photos of Philadelphia

As you probably know, I live on the outskirts of Philadelphia, in New Jersey. What you may not know is that at present I work 39 floors up in the Comcast Center. Here are some pictures of Philadelphia.

To the right we see part of down-town Philadelphia, with the clock tower of City Hall in the middle.


Below is a photograph looking east and a little north, out over the Ben Franklin Bridge and into New Jersey













While taking these photographs a helicopter whizzed past the window! I didn't have a telephoto lens mounted, and it didn't come back, but from this you can see how high up I was!


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is engaged in constructing a temple in down-town Philadelphia, and here is a birds-eye view of their progress at the end of 2014.









Right is the Seat of the Archeparchy of Philadelphia, the Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.
























Left is another interesting building in Philadelphia. This is the Cira Center.

























Here's another view.



As you can clearly see, it's designed to "feed" off other buildings around it.






















TTFN

No comments:

Found Food

I have published quite a few recipes here on my blog over the last few years, and I hope that all my readers have tried at least some of the...