Here, for this recipe, I chopped three chicken breasts into medium sized pieces - I admit that it might have been better to have made the pieces smaller. Next time I'll try that and update things here.
|Hasselblad Potatoes||Two per person|
|Apples||One medium per person|
|Chicken Breasts||One per person|
|Rosemary||Quite a bit!|
- Cut the chicken into squares of a bit less than two inches.
- Put into a bowl with some olive oil and a good amount of Rosemary.
- Leave standing for at least 15 minutes while other things are prepared.
- Cut the apple into eighths and then half these width-wise.
- If you're going to use celery too then chop this up and rince it well.
- Turn your oven on to 425F.
- Peel the potatoes and make sure that one side is good and flat so that the potato will not roll.
- Cut each potato with a series of vertical slices about 4 mm apart. The slices should go about 80% through the potato from top to almost the bottom.
- Place the potatoes onto a baking tray, brush them with olive oil, and douse when with some Rosemary.
- Cook at 425F for 30 minutes. Take out, spread gently with some butter, and replace back into the oven for another 30 minutes
- About 10 minutes in to the potatoes second spell in the oven, heat some olive oil in a large pan and set some chopped onions to cook until translucent.
- Peel the apples, section and core, and then chop up - probably eighths of an apple are a good size, unless you're dealing with very large or small ones.
- Add the apples to the oil and onions and, after a minute or two, add the chicken pieces.
- Cook this mixture until the chicken pieces are well cooked through.
- I felt that some extra vegetables would be good, so chopped up 5 stalks of celery fairly finely and added them at the last moment. They got warm but not soft, which is unusual for celery.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and brush them with some more butter.
- Plate the meal and present. You should get some satisfying ooohs and aaaahs !!
|With Added Celery|
|Chicken and Apple Cooking|
|Chicken almost done|
Bon Appetit !