Friday, April 29, 2011

Food (again !)

I always keep a couple of food-saver boxes of something like chilli or stew in the freezer, in case of emergencies (like sloth in the kitchen!). For other emergencies I also like to keep some sort of microwavable food there too. If you've read the Food parts of this blog you'll have realised that I don't really "do" microwave cooking, but they're handy for when you're in panic-mode, or need to make melted butter immediately.

A few weeks ago I was out shopping in, I think, Trader Joe's, and saw this. Curious (I know and love the dish) I grabbed a box and put it into the fridge.
Tonight I tried it, fearing the worst! The worst, however, was not to be. It was perfectly palatable, had a good taste and texture, and left a nice, fragrant aftertaste when all was done. It was not at all spicy-hot, probably as a nod to the innocent taste-buds of the American public, but then, Muttar Paneer isn't really supposed to be a hot dish.


So, what's the verdict? I'll go back and get another to put in the freezer for when I'm feeling lazy and hungry. It isn't particularly big, but the taste is definitely better than most of the frozen meals out there.

TTFN

No comments:

Found Food

I have published quite a few recipes here on my blog over the last few years, and I hope that all my readers have tried at least some of the...